Friday, December 4, 2015

The Huntress

I've gotten a good bit of writing done today, and, while my focus is on Nightfire right now, that doesn't mean I don't have plenty of other ideas spinning around in my head. Tonight, I just wanted to share one of those ideas with you. I've got a couple front runners for my post-trilogy projects, and I can only hope to get to all of them eventually. Let me know what you think. Cheers!

Avalon was full of beautiful creatures, but Trinity was by far the most enchanting of them all.

One of a kind, she stood tall and majestic above the tree sprites and lesser fairies who clung to her side; they, like the rest of us, were drawn to her beauty, to the power she held within her. Her stark white coat shone in the sun, a light that could not be shadowed by even the darkest parts of this forest. Threads of elegant silver flowed through her mane and tail, glistening with every subtle move she made. Flowers strung by her admirers adorned her shoulders and fell to the forest floor like a gown.

Above all else, the single horn on her head set her apart from all of the others. It shone with its own light, an ivory beacon that established her immortality. A thing of beauty, and a formidable weapon at the same time.

They say, if you tame her, you can rule these woods.

They also say you’d be stupid to try, that you’d have to have a death wish to even consider it.

But see, that’s the thing about death. For it to have any power, you have to be afraid of it.

And, well…I’m not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @LauraE_Taylor